Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Superbad

You have to give them credit for having the guts to call their movie Superbad, an obvious invitation to movie review headline writers who don't like to work too hard.

This movie isn't exactly superbad, but it's not very good, either. Iris and I went to a matinee today. It has a similar pedigree to Knocked Up, and I like the actor/writer Seth Rogen, but this movie was too much and not enough.

Not enough story, too much teenage boy humor. More penis jokes does not make a movie funnier, it turns out.

The kid who played "McLovin" stole the show -- they should have made the movie about him (they nearly did!).

I won't even go into the bizarre male-love themes in this movie.

I laughed plenty, I guess, but I'm reluctant to recommend it to anyone.

No comments: