Monday, September 24, 2007

Oh, That CNN

I turned on the TV news to an alert in eastern Texas because some death row inmate escaped and killed a guard on his way out. I didn't have the sound on, but the visuals were amusing. Aerial shots of lone cops on horseback, aerial shots of open fields, long distance shots of the prison the guy broke out of... but no photo of the guy they are hunting. A little bit into it they finally flash the face of a bald guy in a suit, and my first thought was "he doesn't LOOK like a killer." Then I see the small-ish print below the photo -- identifying the guy as CNN's "crime analyst" or something. So it was a photo of the guy they were talking to, not a photo of the subject of the manhunt. Good thing I can read the TV from three feet away, or I'd be nervously looking at all bald guys in suits.

If I were in eastern Texas, I mean.

Or, as some media like to report it, "East Texas," as if it's a separate entity from Texas. Even though you never hear or see a reference to East Idaho (for example). Those Texans, they have a whole differnt way of doing things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Texas is the France of America.