Friday, October 12, 2007

The Birthday


I took a photo to document what I look like at the age of 47.

Cleo is at Outdoor School, Iris is over at her friend's house, Amy is at work and I'm taking the day off (though I was involved a little bit this morning).

Tonight we have a reservation for dinner at Castagna. It's nice to be home and not at work. Although Friday is usually the day I clean the bathroom (if you must know). I will go for a walk, I will play with my two-string guitar, I will putter away the day and reflect on how truly fortunate I am to have parents who are not insane, a wife who is wonderful and not insane, two daughters who are a delight to be around and not insane, a good arrangement with my brother and his family who live close by and are not insane, several friends and co-workers who are not insane, a nice place to live and, soon, a new pair of glasses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AND you live in a representative democracy led by political leaders who are NOT INSANE!
Happy Birthday.