Friday, October 5, 2007

Sassy Solicitor Pt. II

Tonight the neighbor across the street asked if we'd had a problem with a solicitor last night. I said we had. Apparently the guy was at her house also last night, hanging around on her porch and not leaving when she told him to. She lives there with her young daughter. She said the guy spit on her front door at one point and she called the cops. I don't know if they ended up tracking him down.

I guess he was spoiling for a fight last night, that feller.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just had to move into one of those rough neighborhoods North of Sullivan's Gulch.

Paul Hehn said...

This is twice in as many months that our neighbor, Theresa, has had weird guys bugging her. Last month I noticed some young guy hanging out on our front stoop for a bit before going over to her yard.

He was just standing there and moving his arms about, maybe talking. Theresa was just returning from the elementary school (school had just started) and asked the guy what he was up to. He said "do you need any help? I'm just trying to help."

I was across the street watching all this, but I he apparently didn't know that. When he said again that he was just "trying to help," I piped up.

"No you're not, you've been hanging around acting twitchy for the last ten minutes!"

When he heard me he took off walking down the street in a hurry.

He sort of seemed like he wasn't all there. But it's kind of suspicious when they're all friendly/aggressive with a petite woman but take off running when a guy shows up. Even a wimpy, bookish fellow like me.