Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Telecon

I was on the phone for quite a while today, talking Who2 business with my partner Fritz/Ryan and our new contact guy from Ask.com, a guy named Scott who has been with Ask/Jeeves for eight years. Before that he worked on character development for Warner Brothers animation, he told us.

He was a nice guy, but the objectives of his company are a bit different from ours. We want to keep them paying us as our partners, so we try to be open to new ideas. But his world is central California cubicle and the fast-paced, competitive world of search engines, and ours is researching and writing. He tossed around a fair amount of biz jargon, which had me feeling almost like I worked in a real office (and glad I don't). We got some ideas out of it, and it was good to get to know Scott beyond an e-mail address. Here's my photo-illustration of the event. I have no idea what Scott looks like, but I kept picturing him as the character Ryan from The Office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this websit will really get you in the mood for that kind of thing:
http://www.agencynet.com/#.

modern modern modern for now