Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Acupunctured Thigh Bruise

For those of you who love stories about health issues, and for those of you who love stories about my thighs, I have a fascinating tale about a giant bruise I had until today.

About ten days ago I fell on a slippery driveway and bruised my right thigh. Thusly:


The above bruise didn't actually appear for a few days. A day or two after this photo was taken it was even more colorful.

Last Friday, 16 January, I went to my (regular) acupuncture appointment (with Laura Santi). She did whatever it is she does, working on my thigh some of the time.

Two days later, while making dinner, I had a sudden rush of stinging and itching right on this bruise. For about four or five minutes it was as if that patch was being whipped by nettles. [My parents used to whip us with nettles to get us to laugh at The Beverly Hillbillies, which generally provoked sneers, not cheers, from my brother and I, who were Marxists until we were sent to elementary school.]

Anyway, immediately after that little itch-attack, the bruise mostly vanished:


Weird, and unlike anything I've ever experienced (and I have been bruised many times). It was as if that bruise was fleeing my body.

Today, while walking along NE Hancock and 52nd Avenue, again around dinner-making time (I was, in fact, hot-footing it homeward to make dinner), I got that sudden itching sensation. Sure enough, when I got home, the rest of the bruise had exited my body:


(As you can see, in the above photo I am sporting my Homer Simpson "Hottie" pajamas).

Now, isn't that just about the most interesting story about my thigh you have ever heard?

6 comments:

kitten said...

i'm feelling a little tingly in
my swimsuit area. thanks!

Johnny said...

Incredible! I am totally impressed by the healing of these needles.

Günter said...

Hey, I have a similar injure last year by playing football (soccer)
http://schwachsinniges.blogspot.com/2008/09/pferdekuss.html

greetings from Austria
Günter

Anonymous said...

Сгeate repеаt customeгѕ whο κeеp cοmіng bacκ for more.
Just lіke" crowd-sourcing" soundѕ ѕo - well,
yοu need to know аnd truѕt. But thе logic еnds theгe.
It iѕ not оne spеcіfic marketing campaign or pгеss releаѕe;
rather, it is best that yоu do not ωіsh tо ѕpеnd loаds оf money on getting them beаutifully phοtograρhеԁ.
In an іntervieω on the Toԁaу рrogramme buѕinеss thіѕ mornіng, June 16, 2011 at
a price of 0.

my wеb ρаgе: http://www.xfire.com

Anonymous said...

Ordering in Restaurants on a Diet: Complete ProteinThe term
'complete protein' refers to the amino acids can be absorbed across the intestines.
Cordain noted that the name could mask a host of other ailments.


Check out my webpage - paleo treats

Anonymous said...

propecia online pharmacy propecia johnny depp - propecia results images